China suffered 43 casualties including dead and seriously injured during India-China faceoff

Image Source : AP India-China Border Faceoff: China suffered 43 casualties including dead and seriously injured Indian intercepts reveal that Chinese side had suffered 43 casualties including dead and seriously injured in face-off in the Galwan valley, news agency ANI reported quoting sources. At least 20 Indian Army personnel were killed in violent face-off in Ladakh’s Galwan Valley. The Ministry of External Affairs has said that both China and India suffered causalities as Beijing tried to unilaterally change status quo and “departed from the consensus to respect the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the Galwan Valley”. “Indian & Chinese troops have disengaged at Galwan area where they had earlier clashed on the night of 15/16 June. 17 Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at stand-off location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries, taking the total that were killed in action to 20,” the Indian Army said in a statement as the tension between the India-China ran high. Meanwhile, Increase in Chinese chopper activity observed across the LAC to airlift casualties suffered by them during face-off with Indian troops in Galwan valley. In the morning, the Army said India lost an officer and two soldiers during the violent face-off, while there were casualties on the Chinese side as well. The extent of casualties on the Chinese side is not immediately clear. The officer killed in the clash is Colonel Santosh Babu, Commanding Officer of the 16 Bihar regiment, while the two soldiers were K Palani and OJha, sources said. ALSO READ | 20 Indian soldiers martyred in violent face-off with China at LAC in Ladakh’s Galwan Valley ALSO READ | Indian Army’s official statement on LAC face-off with China Latest World NewsFight against Coronavirus: Full coverage

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *